How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Duck Run & Ironman

Hi guys and girls

Sorry that its been a while but as you know weve been on the road with Ironman PE.

A huge congrats to all our chinas(and wives) that took part. What an awesome day it was - hot as hell, i tell you. I'm very proud of Carla for crossing the line for the 6th time.

With all the chaos we Andy, Sand Crab and I managed to get some good running in. On the friday am we got up at 5. We packed our bags and off we went to do some sand running in Cape St Francis. What a day we had. I think Andy will post the pic later. All went well until 10mins from the end - Rob Blew totaly - hahahahahaha. I had to stop, gain composure and limp to the end. I guess it happens - roll with punches!! After the run my legs ached the whole day. I thought I was gonna have big problems for my Saturday run.

Shot to Sand Crabs Mom for letting us stay at her place in St Francis - it was awesome. She has got like 1000 different types of toy ducks on display - sounds weird but its actually really cool.

Sunday I thought would be a killer coz my legs were so sore the day before - thank goodness for compression gear!

We really had a fun run on Sunday in PE on the IM route. You can imagine the comments we got running along in full desert gear on the IM course the day before the race. We even interupted a heard of Springbok!!

Monday was drive home day so no running. This week is quite heavy with about 60km of week running before a nice training run on the weekend of Two Oceans Ultra.

I'll keep u posted

Ciao for now

R

No comments:

Post a Comment