How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Monday, May 4, 2009

Short Weekend

Hi
It was a relatively short weekend this weekend training wise.
I tackled the Elephant's Eye loop on Saturday for the first time since I snapped my ankle on Tuffer Puffer - I think it was a good thing head wise to eventually go back and run it and I don't think I ran it too badly either.
Strangely enough as I ran up the path I actually slipped ever so slightly off a rock (ironically it was close to the same place as last year August) and I felt my ankle start to go over, but compensated for it immediately. And I didn't get freaked out.
The only stupid thing is that I wasn't wearing my usual ankle strapping. After doing that path a second time, I dropped down to level five and ran all the way to the tar road that eventually takes you out to Vlakkenburg and then back the Elephants Eye route again, so suffice to say that I think I shoved a boot up that particular demon's ass.
Sunday, was Lion's Head and Signal Hill. It was a good run - well more walking than actual running to be honest. I now only have to do the Vlakkenburg peaks and I've finished the 32 Peaks challenge. Just need to figure out which are the beacons and will try and get to them in the week. I think it will be cool to have finished them before I leave for Namibia.

No comments:

Post a Comment