How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend

Haven't blogged in a while, yes I'm very guilty!
Had a bit of an interesting week, work-wise - did my first month end for Dark Horse Consulting, and had a 13 day on Friday, so ended up missing two or three sessions in total last week.
I was worried that it would end up being another missed session when I got up on Saturday morning - the wind was howling so badly - and the trip from Hout Bay down into Camps Bay turned into a trial by fire - at some stages I just wanted to stop and get off, I couldn't keep the bike straight, the wind usually gusts off the mountain side-on, heaven forbid one should be using a pair of deep sections on the bike :)

Once we got through Camps Bay, it was more settled and ended up riding through to the Atlantis turn off on the R27 - it was a pretty big group and we all knew that once we turned around, the real work would begin. It was a SLOG.
But I just concentrated on sitting on my bars and turning over and try not to think about the wind. I think it eventually becomes a head thing to just try and shut it out (pretend you're riding up a looooooong hill)

One the way back up Suikerbossie, I think the week and the lack of proper nutrition caught up with me - I went a little hypoglycemic, when you starting feeling a bit chilled even though its hot and I personally start getting the shakes.
But just kept it steady and I suppose that eventually you will get to the top.

Down into Hout Bay, and another loop to make up the final distance and another long ride in the bag! (Thank goodness)

No comments:

Post a Comment