How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Monday, August 29, 2011

Huff and Puff

Howsit?
The Monday after Puffer and I feel WRECKED.
I think it actually started with a bit of a tummy virus because I felt like crap from the start and the day just got progressively worse!!!!
Puffer really is an amazing race, but it's beauty is only matched by the sheer nastiness of the course if you're unprepared or not well.
I must admit that I had actually made the decision to bail out of the race at Constantia Nek, I was dizzy and I could not run, my legs felt like lead.
The cool thing for me was that the people who saw me in trouble were so encouraging that I felt almost as if I couldn't let them down, and I suppose it's wrong to finish something like this for any other reason than for yourself, but that ended up being my "dangling carrot" especially on the solitary march across the mountain.
This weekend represented the first of three big block weekends, and although this one ended with a bit of a whimper, I am looking forward to recovering and getting onto Nepal !


No comments:

Post a Comment