How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Monday, October 31, 2011

Countdown Begins


Howsit! Attaching a photo of Kit Purchase Part One!
Time is running down very quickly to the kick off of Nepal 2011, and I must admit the nerves are really starting to get itchy now.
For those of you who don't know (and haven't had to listen to sob stories hehehe) I tore my calf pretty badly in September, and haven't been able to run until fairly recently.
The race itself has become a very different animal, hopefully one that I get to tame.
(Seriously, that sentence actually didnt sound so cliched in my head.)
I am very proud of my Bear Grylls knife hahahahahahaha.

Trainigs been ok, been trying to do what I can that will give the best training without doing too much damage to the calf! Unfortunately because of it, I've had to deviated quite a bit from my normal training program, but luckily been keeping Ian in the loop and adapting as I go along.
My biggest hurdle will definitely be the pack and its weight.

Anyway, this weekend is the BIG tester - Three Peaks. It's gonna be slow, and will mostly hurt, but going to see how I fare through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment