How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Unbearable Lightness Of Being...Chris Allan

Deep into the second block weekend, after a couple of weeks of busy at work, I finally managed to get to see physio extraordinaire Chris Allan. I had to take a coffee and a La Cucina muffin, because I don't think he realised how messed up I actually am. I put my neck out a couple of weeks ago, the week before the Prince Albert race, and have had this constant headache, as well as I can't turn my head to the right, I kind of have to swivel from the hips. I think its stress related, and running with a pack has not helped the situation. My ankle, more specifically my achilles has been noticeable lately as well. It was kind of funny because half way through the session, Ryan popped in to get some stuff and they were chatting as I writhed in agony as Chris had to practically get up on the table to get enough leverage to get my back clicked back into place, and the last part where he struggled to get my neck to click at the end - but the difference after was so noticeable, I slept through last night for the first time in MONTHS - probably also because I hadn't gone to sleep the night before because of a problem I had with the house - loooong story. The sessions so far in the block weekend have been okay, but tomorrow's long run lies like a mountain before me - no pun intended, we're going to climb Llundudno Ravine and head across the Twelve Apostles to MacClears and then back into Hout Bay - its going to be a tough one - have to concentrate on my nutrition to see if I can overcome the recent bouts of nausea.

No comments:

Post a Comment