How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Before we head off into the sunset

Had a bit of bad news yesterday regarding our flights to Windhoek, but guess will just have to take it in our stride! (Didn't mean to use a running analogy!)
This week is a bit of rest week with a biggish weekend, but we need to reshuffle some of the days because we're heading off to Port Elizabeth to watch IronMan.
Although I must admit, I tried running last night, no aches and pains, but oh my word, I felt sluggish.
I have been to PE since the IronMan began there, first as a spectator in 2005 when I went to support two friends who were participating, and the following year as a participant. It will be strange to go and not compete, but I think for me it will also be interesting to stand back and watch for a change, see what the latest trends are, get some new ideas.
Of course there are now more than two people who I am going to support, and I have to say that having done the first IronMan, even though the day turned into a nightmare for me (see I wasn't joking about the bad luck with racing) it did have a profound influence on EVERYTHING that happened after.
In my circle of friends now, i have watched people work soooo very hard for this one, and I am really holding thumbs that they get what they want!

So anyway, without sounding overly melodramatic, I just want to wish my little surrogate family the best of luck, Carla, Duncan, Alison, Sandra & Steve.
And to my friends Claire, Trevor, Nix & Dave - kick some ass.

The ultimate sign of progress, I guess, is that there's now WAY more than just two friends to cheer for!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment