How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Monday, April 20, 2009

Recovery Time

Hi Guys

Well the big weeks are over and now eventually we can look forward to a great taper. Yesterdays run for me was a good strong one. Initially I could feel my legs being tired but loosened up fairly quickly. I was relieved because the night before I was quite stiff.

We started on the Greenbelt yesterday with our Ironman buddies most of whom were having their first run back since their race. It was very wet and pretty much rained the whole weekend. It was great to be out mushing around in the mud. It looks as if we will have a few new people on our trails soon. Watch this space!!!

Once we were back at the neck Andie and I said cheers to our Chinas and headed up Vlakkenberg - a bit like Gorillas in the mist hahaha. Sometimes when you are in the mist on the mountain (even with people) I get this great sense of solitude.

We finished the run just on four hours (although we had to run a couple of loops in Hout Bay first to make up time).

The week ahead is mainly just resting, swimming and gyming (coz you gotta at least look buff for the race - hahaha)

Chat tomorrow.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment