How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Final Day of Block Week

You know how you kind of have this idea of ending your training feeling really strong and amped and ready for the big race? Well this wasn't it! I ended up feeling really, really bad on the first half of the run - and it was the easiest part - one of my favourite routes - the one around the green belt in Constantia with the usual group - Rob, Carla, Alison, John & Trevor. I had to end up walking back to the top of Constantia Nek, dreading having to do the climb up Vlakkenburg in the rain.
Rob said my face looked like a thunder cloud as I got to the parking lot at the Nek - I felt like I had nothing left - but I just didn't want to quit on the last run.
Suffice to say that getting up the mountain was a challenge, but I eventually got to the top. The run down was good, the rocks were quite slippery from the rain, but made it down in one piece, but I really struggled on the last loop around Hout Bay, I think I eventually finished, shaky, tired, a little under confident - but happy that block weekend is done. Now I have to concentrate on recovery, and getting my head right. Funny how there are no training programs for that...I think there are just good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment