How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Monday, February 21, 2011

Big Friday

Ok, so the weekend was a bit of a blur, so much happening.

Friday night was the U2 concert, and it turned out to be everything I expected - what was cool was that the setlist was a mixture of the back catalogue stuff and some of the more recent - apart from Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (purely because it was probably the only thing that Batman Forever had going for it), there wasn't much from the mid to early 90's experimentation music. Not that I minded, but it stopped after Zooropa for me.
Went to the Fez after the concert and only got home at 04:00 so I had no choice but to sleep in for a bit, which meant that Saturday's training hurt a little bit hahahaha

You know how there's always someone out there who is crazier, faster, whatever whatever?

Well met two people this weekend who are doing things that are just totally out there!
Firstly met someone who is going to kayak around Iceland with David Grier. Don't have their blog details, but will put a post up when I do.
Then met George Scola who is walking from the northern most border of South Africa to Cape Point, 2222km, in aid of the Stroked Recovery Foundation (www.strokesurvivors.org.za).
George is being supported by Ray Chaplin who is about to start his own undertaking - the first human-powered vertical circumnavigation of the world - basically circling the globe by bike or in the case of water crossing, a pedal powered boat!

It was really inspiring to meet people who are so strong minded and who are doing something they believe in.

He also has a website - follow it on www.raychaplin.com

So back to business:

The long ride yesterday was a good one.

Firstly I have to say that the new bike setup is amazing - when I got on initially over the weekend, it felt weird, almost like I was going to topple forward, but yesterday I settled in and I must admit that I felt very comfortable and at ease - the great thing is that by the end of the ride I could have gone on for longer, which is ALWAYS good sign - and I think when you can have a good session like that, its always mentally so rewarding because it puts you in such a good place. Training is tough enough.
So a BIG thanks to Ian for the setup, I am so looking forward to everything now!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment