How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Friday, February 18, 2011

Bike Fit


Sitting at Ian Waddel at Personal Best watching him transfer parts and fiddle the F.I.S.T. (Fit Institute Slow Twitch) bike as we do my bike fitting. The FIST bike setup was the brain child of Dan Empfield, who invented the very first triathlon time trial bike, which was Quintana Roo. Ian's spent time outside Los Angeles mastering the technique and know-how of how to do this and apply to bikes here. The cool thing is that he has a database that based on your specifics, he can recommend the ideal bike for you as each bike brand has a different set of geometry.

What I will take away from it is a set up precise measurements that suit my body type that theoretically I can apply to any future bike I may ride, which I guess then takes the guess work out of things :)

I will send through a couple of photos as we move along

No comments:

Post a Comment