How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Monday, March 9, 2009

Green Belt

Wow - how were the conditions for the Argus riders - out of control. I must say I take off my hat the guys out there on Sunday fighting the winds. Well done to all my mates who got through it!!

Sunday we managed to get a good group together again. The two Qlikview runners (Andrew and myself of course)joined by Carla, Ali, Ryan and JT. The plan was to run up Constantia nek then the Constantia Greenbelt then back home.

Once again full desert kit was worn plus full packs. On the way up Constantia Nek we were passed by some guys training for 2 Oceans - at first we let them go but the minute the gradient of the road increased we could see that the gap that they had put between us was decreasing. That was all we needed. Nobody said anything but we all just knew what to go. A couple of gears were dropped and we went sailing past. hahaha - It was a nice boost to confidence!!

After Constantia Nek we had an awesome run through the green belt. We bumped into Claire Kinsley armed with pepper spray along the way, like Carla and Ali doing some Ironman training. We got back to the top of Constantia Nek where Andi and I split off from the rest and ran a trail behind Bokkersmans Kloof to try add some time and distance in.

I must say it was really a pleasant run.

The Week ahead - Well I guess more of the same and starting to mentally deal with the Midnight Hell coming up on Saturday night - a 67km brutal night trail race.

Chow for now

R

No comments:

Post a Comment