How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Monday, April 13, 2009

4:34

Howzit dudes and dudets

Sending this from the cell... so no spell check. Apologies. :)

Wow..what a weekend.

I was quite concerned with the lead up to Two Oceans, we had done 60km worth of running done during the week leading up to the race. The Friday morning i woke up to stiff and heavy legs. The whole time i told myself i must keep my eyes on the final goal and not worry about the race.....but ...... it would be a bonus if we could have a comfortable run and sneak in under 5hrs. Friday... this didnt look promising.

On Friday, Andrew gave me a pair of Line Break compression tights and socks..... well.... I think they worked!!!! I put them on for the whole of Friday and wore the tights under my race shorts on Saturday.

On Saturday when i woke up at 4:45 to get ready for the race i could feel my legs were already feeling better.

At 5:45 we were outside Nino's waiting to hook up with Chris Allan before race the start @ 6:25. At 6:20 we in the starting shute chatting to Lisa.

The goal was to run just under 5 mins per km the whole way. hahaha ........ the Nek @ 5 mins/km haha... right.

Technicaly we ran a great race, at no point moving away from our planned splits.... even when were tempted to race a little. km by km passed... chappies was a non event for us, before we knew it were running under the marathon mark @ 3:20ish. I knew then that a sub 5 was on the cards now.
Up the nek we went and passed the Hout Bay supporters... we definitely ran here! Once we were out of sight ... a short walk was called for...... alas..... caught on TV....the whole of SA saw us walking...hahahaha. From there we picked up the pace and finished in 4:34. It was a great day out. Andrew looked so easy the whole way!

Thanks to everyone who came to support... and Carla for all the driving around!!

Sun.... a run /walk & rest!!! Mon..... a short gym session......and rest.

I suppose i should wash my line breaks hahaha!

Chat later

R

No comments:

Post a Comment