How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Friday, February 27, 2009

It's weekend

Well made it to the end of the week! That in itself seems like a bit of an acheivement today.
Had an "interesting" client session this morning in Paarl - got there earlier than expected, so was happy we could start sooner.
After that it was a quick dash to the gym where I spend 30 of the toughest minutes in my short life as a "gym-bo" - then back to work to finish helping another consultant with a data model that is due for demo on Monday. I haven't really started stressing about the run tomorrow - Chris (the physio/mental guidance guru) reckons I may have sprained my ankle (I snapped my ATFL ligament during my first 100miler last year and its the source of a lot of concern for this race) when i went over it last week. He reckons I should be able to run, but still there's always the nagging worry that if the heat, time, distance doesn't do me in - I may just trip over my own feet and do myself in...but that's the hand I'm dealt, now I just have to play it.
Anyway, wish me luck for tomorrow - five hours across the mountain.....

No comments:

Post a Comment