How Long Until Racing The Planet: Nepal

Countdown to Racing The Planet: Nepal

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend 28/01




Its always a bit of a weird feeling when you come to the end of a weekend's training.


On the whole I think it was pretty much one of the better weekends, training wise.


I always try to figure out what makes one better than the other, guess its a combination of good friends, interesting training and not feeling like you want to die half way through.


Saturday was a good long run around table mountain (basically leg two of HBTC) and the climb up through Llundadno ravine is always a "treasure".... and then looping around Hout Bay, some dune work down to Sandy Bay and then back over the dunes back home.


Running through sand is quite intersting, not something that I must admit I am used to doing.


When you put your foot down and follow through with the push off, you're never really certain what you're actually pushing off against, the ground - or the sand - sometimes just isn't there to push off against. Also went over a high sand dune, on all fours basically, as you climb up - you see the sand above you start to give way and you can feel yourself start to slide back down. Its very disconcerting and tough as hell.


Sunday was a bit of a distance day, but still a good quasi marathon effort with packs, except we had one of those very few ultra beautiful but stinking hot days in Cape Town.


Today, the only real danger seemed to be not my ankle, but the myriads of Argus riders trying to get their last bit of training in. I didn't feel super great, but I felt a lot better than I thought I would, which I guess is all I could really ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment